Appologizing for Erant Emails + Vintage Racing in Portland

To: "MGB List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Appologizing for Erant Emails + Vintage Racing in Portland
From: "Randy Trautman" <trautman@nwlink.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2001 18:50:29 -0700
I apologize for the errant emails that were sent from my address.  Indeed, my
anti-virus software caught it within seconds, but not before several emails
were sent.  It has taken awhile to clear this up since I was on vacation for
the last two weeks and the PC was turned off.  Very curious.

The contents of the messages sent were interesting to say the least.  The
were right on about the virus - thank you for your help.  Others could show a
little more restraint, particularly when it comes to profanity - you might
want to pay attention to "how to write grammerically" ;-).

On a good note, I attended the historic races in Portland prior to
vacationing.  Along with vendors and the pits, they had space setup for
collector cars to be displayed.  During the lunch break, the two attending MG
clubs combined and did a parade lap around the track with the other cars.  It
was a very nice display of vintage British fun.  This was the first event I
have taken the car to since its completion (about two days prior..) and had a
wonderful experience.  Saw a number of full-out MGs and Triumphs give a good
showing as well as a magnificent Buggatti.  Of the 4 Buggattis of this type
built, 2 are known to exist.  One of them is under glass at a museum, the
other is racing!  The driver said it was good for over 150 mph and I think he
surprised more than a few drivers of more modern cars during the trials.  What
an incredible sound!  It had mechanical brakes.  The owner said it was built
to go fast, not stop!

I have a few pictures if anyone is interested.

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list