RE: Anybody know a good marriage counselor?

To: "Valerie Stabenow" <hlub34a@aeroinc.net>
Subject: RE: Anybody know a good marriage counselor?
From: "Will Brien" <wbrien@mediaone.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 09:11:19 -0400
Valerie:

Wow!  What can I say?  I'm sharing this with the list because it certainly
deserves to be shared.  I'm sure that I speak for at least the majority of
the list when I say that comments related to spouses are usually "tongue in
cheek".  Hell, most of us who love these cars are old enough to have been
around the block once or twice and hopefully have matured enough to put
things like hobby cars in their proper perspective.
But I would bet that there aren't too many of us, male or female, who can
put up a roster of achievements like yours.

BTW, working on my car at the expense of getting things done around the
house isn't an issue here.  Among my friends and family, I'm known as the
guy who's never without a project.  There are no complaints from my spouse
on that issue.  That's probably why she grouses a bit but doesn't really
give me a hard time.

No, my biggest problem in getting Kath to buy into the hobby is her basic
lack of interest in things mechanical.  I really do think that once I get
one of these cars to the point where I can take her to an event without
overly high levels of anxiety re possible breakdown, she'll begin to warm up
and get into it.  Basic reason - she's a very friendly person who likes
other people and who would do well with the kind of folks who love these
cars.

Thanks for your input and good luck with your many projects.

Will
Yellow 77