Re: Fw: SUSAN

To: <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>, "MGS Digest" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Fw: SUSAN
From: Tab Julius <tab@penworks.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 14:41:15 -0400
Do NOT run ANY attachment you get from these messages.

What it is is a virus called SirCam, and it sends documents from a given
computer, almost always with a message like "Hi, how are you?  I send you
this file in order to have your advice.".

If you check, the documents always have a double extension, like .doc.pif,
and the last part is what counts and is always .lnk, .pif, .com, or .bat.

Just delete the mail - do not run the file.

Last week I was getting 5 to 10 of these A DAY, from all over (Brazil, US,
wherever).  Each is about 200k large, so it gets annoying.

- Tab