Re: Fw: SUSAN

To: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@ntsource.com>, <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>,
Subject: Re: Fw: SUSAN
From: Tab Julius <tab@penworks.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 15:35:41 -0400
Since you're using Eudora, just click on the red 'x' while reading (or
small trash can, not the large one, depending your version of Eudora),
which will delete it from the server.  Or, from the summary view (all
subjects), right click it and do "Change Server Status | Delete".

- Tab

At 02:29 PM 7/30/01 -0500, Barney Gaylord wrote:
>At 02:41 PM 7/30/2001 -0400, Tab Julius wrote:
> >Just delete the mail - do not run the file.
> >
> >Last week I was getting 5 to 10 of these A DAY, from all over (Brazil, US,
>wherever).  Each is about 200k large, so it gets annoying.
>
>Annoying is right.  For the time being, I finally set my e-mail software
>(Eudora Light) to not download any attachment larger than 150K.  This works
>fine, and it adds a note to the downloaded message saying that the
>attachment has not been downloaded and is still on the server.  If it turns
>out to be something I want from someone I know, like a large JPEG for
>instance, I can then click on an icon and proceed to download it.
>
>This does leave me with one problem however.  This morning I was talking to
>my ISP about what happens to the large attachment that remains on the
>server, and appearantly it stays there indefinitely until someone does
>something to remove it.  I have my software set to keep e-mail on the
>server for one day after I download it, and then delete it from the server.
>  This attachment however stays on the server indefinitely, because it was
>never downloaded.  We could not on the spur of the moment figure out any
>way to automatically delete the unread attachment from the server when the
>downloaded message is deleted after one day.  As such, multiple copies of
>these large attachments can soon accumulate to overload the allowed e-mail
>space on the server.  The only solution I have at the moment is to use a
>web based e-mail capability to manually access the server to delete these
>files.
>
>Barney Gaylord (learning when I have to)

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list