RE: Running headlamps

To: "Bullwinkle" <yd3@nvc.net>
Subject: RE: Running headlamps
From: "Will Brien" <wbrien@mediaone.net>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 00:06:02 -0400
-----Original Message-----
From: Will Brien [mailto:wbrien@mediaone.net]
Sent: Tuesday, July 31, 2001 12:01 AM
To: Bullwinkle

Blake:

Why not keep the 2 sixes, wire one to one headlight and the other to the
other headlight and then just alternate them?  The headlights would last
twice as long.

Will
Yellow 77

All:

The comments about putting in one 12 volt battery in for the two
sixes reminded me of an idea.  I was also going to use one 12
volt, but may not.

I thought about leaving the two sixes.  I was wondering if I
could use the standard headlamps as daytime running lights.  The
idea is to run them off one six volt battery.  I'd insert a relay
into the head lamp circuit so when the light switch is turned on,
a full twelve volts would go to the headlamps.  Another option
would be to connect the lights in series, again using a relay,
for daytime use.

Any thoughts or better idea?

Blake

///