Re: what's your 62-67 MGB water temps?

To: dave houser <mgs4dave@warwick.net>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: what's your 62-67 MGB water temps?
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 17:39:23 -0600
My 67BGT has been running about 195 but I'm still running a 190 degree
thermostat. The temperature has gone up to 200-205 during city driving when
idling at a stop light or going up a long incline. Outdoor temps running in
the high 80s to low 90s (that is hot weather here in the dental floss
land). My son's 65B, from what I have seen, is running about the same.

David
67 BGT

At 07:09 PM 7/31/2001 -0700, dave houser wrote:
>To those folks with early MGBs:
>Trying to get an idea of what other folks' cars are running at compared
>to my two b's, 64 and 67 BGT.
>I've got 160 degree thermos and find on a day like today, the temp was
>around 190 in the roadster. Thinking my GT with only 750 miles on new
>engine and running the same, as too hot. No boiling over, water loss or
>other overt hot signs.
>Guages checked out fine with external thermo tests.
>What think?
>TIA and cheers,
>Dave Houser

///