Re: New to List - Questions about MGA

To: Peter Guagenti <peter@guagenti.com>, MG <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: New to List - Questions about MGA
From: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@ntsource.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2001 17:40:51 -0500
At 04:52 PM 8/4/2001 -0700, Peter Guagenti wrote:
>.... I just picked up a long-sitting '62 MGA.  It's been neglected, it's
ugly, but it's complete. .... Check out pics at:

>http://www.guagenti.com/MGA/DSC00004.JPG
>http://www.guagenti.com/MGA/DSC00005.JPG

Very nice specimen indeed.  Not at all ugly, but more of a diamond in the
rough.  Looks like someone cut a speaker mounting hole in the cabin wall
just ahead of the door post.

>- Is there a book that gives good instruction for a ground-up restoration
on a car like this?  The more detailed and step-by-step the better, as this
is my first older car.

Looks like others have beaten me to the punch on most of the good
references (including my own MGA web site).  I can only assume that you
will have lots of interresting days bringing this car back to its original
luster.  Congratulations, and do keep in touch.

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA with an attitude
    http://www.ntsource.com/~barneymg

///