SU Fuel Pump Woes

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: SU Fuel Pump Woes
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 00:05:58 +0930
aarrgghh... that will teach me for being lazy... I ended up stealing
someone else's subject line.  I will try this again!

Will this never end (don't worry about answering that - I*know* the answer).

My 'new' SU fuel pump is playing up.

It is doing the usual 'die just when traffic is heaviest' and just
requires the obligatory rap with the handle of a screwdriver' to get it
started again.  Gee, it is only three year's old (I got it to replace
the little LOUD Japanese woodpecker that was there when I bought the car
- and got sick of the noise after 12 months or so).

I gather we are talking bushes here - is it easily self-serviced?

Should it really play up like this after only a few years?

I certainly don't want it dying on me on the track!

Grrr.

--
Eric
'68MGB MkII

"Aptenodytes non retro concidunt obi machinas Daedali successores supra
volantes spectant:   ita censet scientista Ricardas Lapis Britannicus."

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list