rusted cars

To: Rmartin@yedtech.co.il
Subject: rusted cars
From: Nory3@webtv.net (Nory)
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 12:21:00 -0400 (EDT)
>but personally I am intrigued by the
>visual poignancy of a rusted away car.
>Am I alone in this, or are others also
>drawn to the ruined hulks that were once >interesting cars, not seeing
parts (gee,
>maybe I could still use that bit of trim) or
>a project, but simply a piece of
>once-functional art whose time has
>passed? Philosophical (or other)
>comments welcome.

Yes!  I, too, am fascinated by those rusted hulks of metal - preferably
in a country field, overgrown with shrubbery and hornets' nests.  I'm
not sure what causes the attraction to these remnants of past motoring,
but I think it is akin to a treasure hunt - to see what's there, what it
is, and if any of it is still salvageable.

I think Hemmings puts out an annual calendar of abandoned, rusted
vehicle.

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list