Re: Dash Lights

To: "Nick McCormack" <nick.mccormack@frontrange.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Dash Lights
From: <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 19:58:38 +0100
If they don't work when either the sidelights or the headlights are switched
on it sounds like they don't work at all!

A red comes from the first position of the main lighting switch and goes to
the sidelights (via the top two fuses on the 4-way fuse block) and the
rheostat.  From the rheostat a red/white goes to each gauge, and a black
from each gauge to ground.  If the sidelights are working take one of the
gauge lights out of the instrument, remove the lamp and see if you can pick
up 12v on the centre connection of the lampholder.  If you can you have a
ground problem, although that would likely upset the tach as well.  If there
is no 12v try jumpering the rheostat out of circuit - on all the ones I have
seen there are two spades on each of two connections, usually with one spade
spare on each.  Remove the connector from one spade and put it on the spare
spade of the other connection.  If that doesn't work you will have to try
and get a voltmeter on the red wire at the rheostat looking for 12v, if it
is not there that wire is broken between there and the main lighting
switch - all of 12"?

PaulH.