Re: The only one in the world

To: Tab Julius <tab@penworks.com>
Subject: Re: The only one in the world
From: Eddie Sheffield <eddie@mediarchive.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 15:01:29 -0400
The ad isn't totally clear. It does have a different rear end (Ford?) with
related drum brakes. Mentions rebuit front end, but doesn't tell whether it's
a stock rebuild or something different. I'd be surprised if a totally stock
front would carry the weight of a big engine like that. But I've tossed the
link and I can't find it again, so I may have missed or forgotten something
from the ad.

It is a pretty car, but the engine just looks weird to me with everything
painted the same cream color as the rest of the car. Even the blower - don't
remember every seeing a painted blower before.

Personally though, if I really wanted the TD look with that kind of
drivetrain, I think I would have gone for a kit/replicar rather than
molesting the real thing like that.

Eddie
1971 Midget

On Tuesday 14 August 2001 08:04 am, Tab Julius wrote:
> And was the suspension, brakes, et al upgraded to match?
>
> At 11:46 PM 8/13/01 -0400, Eddie Sheffield wrote:
> >On Monday 13 August 2001 09:55 pm, Tab Julius wrote:
> > > It is a gorgeous car, and I do note nobody bid on it, but I have to
> > > wonder (as you do, obviously) how involved he is that he thinks the
> > > numbers should all match, not to mention thinking it's the only one in
> > > the world.  The only WHAT in the world?  The only TD?  The only one
> > > owned by him?
> >
> >I'm guessing he means the only TD with a supercharged Buick V8.
> >
> >Eddie
> >1971 Midget

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list