Very Sad

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Very Sad
From: "engl" <engl@cableregina.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 15:38:14 -0600
For those also on the E-Type list, I apologise as this is a repeat.  I had
indicated to that list about three weeks ago that I had purchased a B
through eBay, and indicated I would report back to that group on how the
purchase
turned out.

I guess all I would have to say to perspective buyers on eBay is don't do it
how I
did it.  The car was advertised as rust free, but needing a little bit of
work to one of the door skins.  The Bill of sale, signed by the seller,
reads "there is no rust on the vehicle".  I think this fellow's idea of rust
free is "yes - lots of rust - no extra charge".  I should have taken Daniel
from the E list
up on his offer of having a mechanic in the area look at it, but it was a
done deal by the time he offered, and I guess I basically made the mistake
of trusting the guy I was buying from.  Caveat Emptor !

Has anyone on the list had this problem before?  What is my recourse?  (I
have sent the fellow and e-mail, and will follow up with a phone call
tomorrow).  Any suggestions?

Now I have to decide whether to sell it as a parts car, or spent the time
and effort fixing it up.
My biggest concern is the floor as it is all rusted, with a least one patch
panel (screwed in place).  The cross member running laterally across the
middle of the car is rotten, as are the side sills, and the floor is soon to
be a Flintsone-mobile.  I bought the car as a project to work on with my
sons, but this is FAR in excess of what I wanted (or indeed what I had paid
for - according to the bill of sale anyway).

I would appreciate some comforting thoughts.

Thanks

Very Sad Bob (who learned an expensive lesson)
'69 E-Type 2+2
'77 piece of rust that is badged MG

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list