Re: I've got a bad feeling - feeling better

To: british-cars@autox.team.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: I've got a bad feeling - feeling better
From: Larry Colen <lrcar@red4est.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2001 16:54:45 -0700
On Sat, Aug 18, 2001 at 05:28:56PM -0700, Larry Colen wrote:
> What is it about wanting to go racing that makes things go wrong, even
> before you get to the track.

[snip]

> It's now 5:30, I haven't washed up yet, but the car is back together,
> runs and has oil pressure (60psi at idle). I guess I'll be a bit late
> for Aaron's birthday party that started a few hours ago.
>
> Tomorrow, I need to get my roll cage painted and install my new front
> wheel bearings and rotors.

She made it there and back. Ran OK, seemed a bit down on power. While
she was warm I did a compression check
110-60-130-100

No big surprise.  At least I still have my ported head from last
year. I suspect that a lot of the drivability problems with it were
actually due to timing.

sigh.  At least I'm finding these things out before she leaves me by
the side of the road, or track.

--
     I can't go back and change time, but I can make up for lost time.

///