Super-charger

To: The MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Super-charger
From: "Brinkman, Gerardo V" <GB127167@exchange.DAYTONOH.NCR.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2001 20:55:03 -0400
I just finished the installation of the super charger I bought earlier
this year from Hi-Flow in Australia. In one word "wow".

I initially had some installation problems as mine is a 3-main engine and
Hi-Flow had not up to that point fitted a super-charger to a 3-main. I found
a small problem with the installation and  Hi-Flow immediately found the
solution for me and sent the appropriate parts.

So last week, I set about re-installing the super-charger and after 4 hours
of wrenching, everything was installed and complete. A quite double check
of all the bolts, fill radiator, prime the carb and turn the key.

Fired first time !!!!! Adjusted timing and fuel mixture, check for water
leaks. Shut engine off and re-checked everything.. time for a drive.

Wow - the engine seems a lot "free-er" and loves to rev. Lots and lots
of torque, does not have neck-snapping acceleration like a modern
dohv engine, but it pulls like a steam train. The best part of the rev
range is 2k-5k when the boost starts building and the engine really
comes on song.

I just took the car on the freeway this evening and it gets up to 70mph
pretty quickly and does not slow down even when reaching 80mph.

If anyone is contemplating this conversion, make sure your brakes are in
good working order !!!  you'll need them

gerry

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list