Fuel Gauge is Toast?

To: MG Digest <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fuel Gauge is Toast?
From: Dave <hearts@radiks.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 22:17:07 -0500
Help time again!  The fuel gauge one of my '74 B's decided to stop
working. Gauge is stuck at the half way point.  I cleaned and checked
all connections at both the sender unit and gauge itself.  All ok.  I
then decided to go ahead and replace the sender unit.  Still the same.
Would all of you say the next step is the gauge itself?  Or could it be
the voltage stabilizer?  I checked the ohms at the gauge with the
ignition on.  Couldn't quite get a reading since the ohm meter was
jumping all over the place...at least it tells me I have power there.
All advice appreciated!

Dave Ciaccio

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list