RE: Fuel Gauge is Toast?

To: hearts@radiks.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Fuel Gauge is Toast?
From: Duinhoven_Hans@emc.com
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 02:32:50 -0400
Testing the gauge is quite simple.
This method I used several times and worked, although beware not to have the
ground connected longer than 10 seconds!

1       Take the sender lead and connect it to ground.
2       Switch on your contact and observe the gauge movement.
        It should move to max. DO NOT prolonge this situation longer than 10
seconds,
        otherwise the gauge will be toast.
3       If your gauge still does not move I assume it is defect.
4       This method might force the gauge needle to come free.

Hope it helps....

Cheers,

Hans