Re: One more time...

To: Chris Chandler <barak@voyager.net>, MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: One more time...
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 11:41:10 -0700
Oh boy. If the plugs haven't been changed in 14 years, maybe you should
check the oil... <g>.

Seriously, are you saying the spark plug snapped off below the hex? Jeepers.
That should still leave about 1/2 inch of the threaded part in the hole. My
only suggestion is to flood it with penetrating oil like PB Blaster (not
WD40), wait overnight, and then drill the center about 1/4 - 3/8 inch deep
for an Easy-Out. If you don't drill all the way through you won't dump
anything into the cylinder. Even if some drilling debris falls in there it
probably won't make any difference to a motor this neglected, anyway. You
could keep a shop vac trained on the area while you're drilling to minimize
fallout. Easy-Outs are notorious for breaking off themselves, but someone I
know just succeeded in using one, so at least you have a chance. Good luck.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149

///