Re: 76B, shuddering at 52 (mph, not age)

To: "Tuck Southworth" <tsouthworth70@hotmail.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 76B, shuddering at 52 (mph, not age)
From: "JustBrits" <justbrits@home.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 20:53:47 -0500
Tuck:

<<I stopped to take another look and found not one but
two of the bolts holding the right side lower wishbone arm to the spring pan
had loosen up.  Not good.  I put in new lock washers and tighten them up. >>

You have FOUR more (oops, 16 more) to do!!

Where those bolts, locks and nuts ORG ones??  Maybe just the locks because
they where "correct" "square cut" ones??   Are ANY of the holes "ovaled"??
(NOTE: as there are cars with and without swaybars, "counting #s of
holes/bolts" is not considered.)

<<Still don't have a clue as to how they could have become so loose. >>

Easy.  Locks are the FIRST to go.  Torque is UNeven across surface of said
washer which inturn effects both nut and bolt #s.

<<Just glad I decided not to wait until I got home to check it out.>>

<<That's my story.>>

I "believe" it.  er, are you "stickin' to it"??<G>

Ed
Tuck Southworth
70 B
55 TF>>