Tire choice

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Tire choice
From: "Rick Lindsay" <ROLindsay@Emeraldgrc.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 13:09:06 -0500
Hi Gang,
   I know it always causes a flame-fest when
someone brings up a topic as subjective as tires
but here goes.  Try to use restraint (boy, I'm a
good one to give advice on THIS topic! :-P
   On my '79 B LE I am strongly considering using
the Yokohama Aegis LS4 tire in the one-plus
size of 185/70SR14.  That size gives the same
circumference as the stock tire but allows a wider
choice of modern rubber compounds.  The LS4
is a good example of this.
   Any experience with this specific tire?   It gets
good reviews in all the areas that count (handling,
dry and wet traction, noise, etc.) but I have never
used it myself.

Rick

Ps: I use Yoko AVS Intermediates on the 308GTB
with great enjoyment.  Really "sticky."

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list