Re: Engine Cleaning

To: d_dibiase@yahoo.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Engine Cleaning
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 09:58:53 EDT
In a message dated 8/29/01 8:59:42 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
d_dibiase@yahoo.com writes:

> I want to use 'Gunk' or a similar substance to clean up a
> recently-purchased engine. What will this do to my driveway when I wash it
> off? Any precautions I ought to take? Just don't want to have any big old

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

It should clean the driveway as well.  If you leave the oily, washed-off Gunk
sitting on the driveway for a year, it will probably stain.  Just wash off
the driveway after you wash off the engine.

Another way to clean an engine is to put it in a pickup truck and take it to
a coin-op car wash.  A lot of them now have an engine cleaning option.  They
are also equipped to handle the shi...er...stuff that washes off the engine.

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport