REMINDER: PALO ALTO MEET CANCELED!

To: (Recipient list suppressed)
Subject: REMINDER: PALO ALTO MEET CANCELED!
From: rfeibusch@loop.com (Richard Feibusch)
Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2001 13:23:47 -0700 (PDT)
TELL THE WHOLE TOWN!!!  PLEASE!!!

THE 2001 PALO ALTO BRITISH CAR MEET HAS BEEN CANCELED!!!

In case you missed it last time,

It is with an extremely heavy heart that we have to inform you that the
23rd Annual Palo Alto British Car Meet, scheduled for Sept. 9th, is being
canceled for this year.  On August 20th, Caltrans, the California State
highway board, informed the City of Palo Alto department of Parks &
Recreation that they would be tearing up the El Camino Real and closing off
El Camino Park from the street starting Sept. 1st.and there seems no way
around the certain chaos and confusion.  We have opted for cancellation.

We will be back next year. We are truly sorry and hope that you understand
our actions on this unfortunate turn of events. Please tell all of your
British car owning friends so we don't have a bunch of people show up to an
empty park.  THANKS!

SATURDAY "TOUR TO THE SEA" IS STILL ON!!!!

While the Palo Alto British Car Meet show on Sunday has been cancelled, the
British Car Magazine folks (Gary & Genie Anderson) will continue to host
the "Tour to the Sea" drive on Saturday Sept 8, 2001. This will be an
informal drive from our office parking lot in Los Altos, over the coastal
mountains to Half Moon Bay via back roads.  The drive should take under 2
hours and there are several interesting places to stop.  The tour ends at
Cameron's Restaurant and Pub on Hwy 1 just south of Half Moon Bay.  This
will be a relaxed
gathering with dining in the pub, not outside -  Cameron's has a wide
selection of British beers and the usual burgers, sandwiches, salads, etc.
The parking lot is large, so it makes a great place to stop, look atthe
cars  & visit with friends.

Tourers will get route instructions and a  map at the start of the drive.
Arrive any time between 9AM and 10 AM - be prepared to leave for the drive
within 15 minutes of your arrival - we try to send a few cars out at a time
to avoid bunching.

DIRECTIONS TO START
Office  parking lot: The Altos Center, 360 So San Antonio Road - between &
behind the CalFed Bank and the 76 Gas station at the corner of Whitney &
San Antonio.  Our location is 1 block off of Foothill Expy (from 280 take
El Monte Rd exit, left @ Foothill, right onto San Antonio).  From 101 take
the Los Altos exit (San Antonio Road) (head west, "away from bay") and go
about 3.7 miles.  Heads up: When you see the "Banderas Restaurant" on the
right, get ready to turn right at Whitney - parking lot is just past the
mailbox on
left side.

PLEASE LET THE BRITISH CAR MAGAZINE STAFF KNOW IF YOU ARE PLANNING TO
ATTEND THE TOUR!
We can't reserve space at the restaurant, but Cameron still will need to
know approx. how many people will invade his pub!! To sign up:
Call: 650 949 9680 or
email: Adrienne@Britishcar.com

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list