Fuel Pump Contacts

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Fuel Pump Contacts
From: FlynShoot@aol.com
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2001 19:23:14 EDT
I've got a '77 B with a 2 yr old fule pump that has been used for less than
1000 miles. The car sat for about a year before I had a chance to drive it
when I returned from out of state. I had to beat on it to get the contacts
free.

The problem is now that even when the car is not driven for a week, the
contacts stick forcing me to have to beat on the pump. Now beating  does not
seem to help.

Any clues to whether the pump is salvageable or should I invest in a new
electronic pump?

Thanx.

Please respond to: flynshoot@aol.com

///