RHD drive 51 TD FS

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RHD drive 51 TD FS
From: Carl W French <cfrench@cybertours.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2001 06:16:46 -0400
While driving out into the southern interior of my state I came across a
small town roadside used car dealer with a TD parked out side in the dirt
lot. The car belongs to an area doctor and has been maintained by this
dealer. It looked like a not too bad older (mid 80's ) resto. The body was
solid with maybe some areas of respray needed. The interior is intact but
kind of amateur looking. the steering wheel is kinda shot and the veneer is
tired. I think he was looking for about 12k. The interesting part was that
the car had been featured and on the cover of one of the major UK based car
magazines as part of a comparison with two other cars (a Jowett and
something else). He had the issue there with the car.
Don't know nuthin about the guy or the car just came by it and thought it
was worth mentioning about a RHD TD.

Carl French
Alfred, Maine
1 hour from Portland