RE: Report from DC non LBC

To: "'Dan DiBiase'" <d_dibiase@yahoo.com>
Subject: RE: Report from DC non LBC
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 14:01:43 -0700
Phew thanks.

I know we had this bit of a tiff back in the 1700s, but I do rather like it
over here.

Kelvin.

by the by.

I've been pulled aside twice by airport security within the last year.  The
first time for carrying a deck prism (fits in the deck of a ship to allow
light inside cabins, I bought it at Mystic Seaport) which I guess just
freaked the heck out of the x-ray machine.  The security guard threw himself
away from the machine and started to go for his gun.

The second time my briefcase set off the explosives alert.  It was carefully
hand-sniffed by the security guard, then cleared when only infinitesimal
traces were found.  I couldn't for the life of me figure out why the alert
went off, till later I realized that I had handled used gun brass at one
point of my trip.  A tiny trace of gunpowder must have contaminated the
briefcase when I touched it.

In both cases I thanked the security guards for their attentiveness.

I'd say that the security systems are in place and working, based on the
evidence of knives being used by the hijackers.

"He who fights for Allah's cause fights for himself.
Allah does not need the help of His creations."

The Qu'ran (29:5)

 No offense was intended. I don't believe that all
> non-citizens should be forced to leave the country. It was a
> crude way of
> saying that we will always be open to attacks such as this
> unless we give
> up some of our freedoms that we enjoy - such as relatively
> open borders.
> Our security is non-existent compared to what I witnessed in travels
> throughout Latin America last year.
>
> Dan

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list