rumblenoise in engine bay

To: "Mgs@autox.team.net" <Mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: rumblenoise in engine bay
From: James Schulte <schultejim@prodigy.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2001 20:12:44 -0700
Hi all,
I was out for a ride in the 70B today and heard a low pitch hollow
rumble coming from the engine bay.  I'm lost as what it could be.  I did
a lower end rebuild earlier this summer but the car ran fine with no
noise.  It had been sitting for 2 weeks but that's not unusual.  Oil
level is normal as well as anti-freeze.   What if anything does a water
pump do before going?  The fan belt is tight and the fan, alternator and
lower ....wheel  ( the name of it escapes me but it connects to the
crank) are fine (not wobbling). What kind of noise does a lower bearing
make when it spins.  The oil pump was rebuilt as well. Any ideas or
suggestions
Jim
70B
78B