FW: 65 MGB the best year made? Now -NO! The 73 is!

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: FW: 65 MGB the best year made? Now -NO! The 73 is!
From: "Jerry Erbesfield" <jerbesfield@mediaone.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2001 23:10:16 -0400
Okay. As requested in previous posts today, I'm sounding off!

I love ALL MG's  - BUT - I believe that 73 is the very best B - at least if
you live in Georgia - or a state with similar emission and registration laws
to Georgia!

The 73 is the last FULL year of CBB production, (without the big guards as
the first half year early 74 had) and it has ALL the latest good
improvements and features and none of the bad. Yes, it does have the smog
stuff but it is easily and legally removable, at least here in Georgia. No
emissions check or certificate is necessary on a 73 year model. It simply
isn't an issue. Mine ARE removed and I'm completely registered and legal.
I'm don't recall what exact cutoff year is for the emissions but I think it
was a couple of years later and of course the 74 1/2 and 75 are RBB models
with lots of other negatives too. In fact, in Georgia, any vehicle over 20
years qualifies as an antique and the registration and tag fees are also at
reduced cost! Such a deal!!

I often read on the list of the struggles other listers have in their states
with emissions and vintage registration. This state is absolutely great for
vintage cars!

Additionally, I own a 73 so that makes it the best year model too!!

-Jerry Erbesfield
73 B Black Beauty roadster
jerbesfield@mediaone.net
website- http://people.atl.mediaone.net/jerbesfield