Bronte and the IRA

To: mgs@autox.team.net, mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: Bronte and the IRA
From: Barrie Robinson <barrier@bconnex.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2001 20:44:26 -0400
I was at the British Car Day at Bronte Park (just slighlty west of
Toronto).  At noon there was a few minutes of silence for those who
perished in the WTC disaster.  They played Amazing Grace on bagpipes.

After this solemn and stirring event a soft spoken Irishman told me one of
his family had been killed in an IRA typically senseless and brutally
indiscriminate bombing.  He said it was ironic to remember that the IRA
used to get large donations from the New York community, in particular
those of Irish descent, and that the NYPD had a large number of people of
Irish descent.  I have no idea if he is correct - but I do remember a
member of the IRA being interviewed on TV about his donation collection
visit to New York.

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list
///