Engine Stand Redux...

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Engine Stand Redux...
From: Dan DiBiase <d_dibiase@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 15:18:19 -0700 (PDT)
Well, in searching the archives on this topic, I came up with a thread
about manliness being related to having an 8-cylinder car...! Thought I
had stumbled onto 'The Man Show' archives for a sec...!

Anyways, I have seen this question asked before, regarding engine stands
and what to look for, etc. I'd appreciate a little advice now, since I'm
looking around at them...

1)I do recall some discussion on the difficulties of mounting a B engine
on the standard bolt pattern that they seem to come with...?

2)Wondering if the 750-lb model is okay, or should I go for a 1000-lb
model?

3) Vendors? Need a 'budget' one, but don't want a 'cheap' one... I checked
out Harbor Freight and JC Whitney so far, they seem comparable...

Any thoughts in addition to the above would be appreciated! TIA!

=====
Dan DiBiase
Dayton, NJ
'76 MGB Tourer (Driver)