RE: New ConvertableTop (Drop Head)

To: "'Eugene Harrison'" <eugh@2xtreme.net>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: New ConvertableTop (Drop Head)
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 14:20:13 -0700
> Does anyone know of a description or tips on the installation
> of a new top for
> a '79 MGB? I have the one that uses your old header rail and
> it came from MOSS
> without instructions.

Eugene:

        The best instructions with pictures I have seen so far are in the
"Guide to Purchase and DIY Restoration of the MGB" by Lindsay Porter.

        At their best, the instructions supplied by the top manufacturer are
less than helpful.  An in depth restoration book such as the above, or a
well illustrated web site are really what you need.  That and lots of care
and patience.   Top installation, like upholstery and engine building can be
done effectively by careful DIY owners but professional tools and experience
are really necessary for guaranteed satisfaction.  I thought I knew what I
was doing, until I watched a top being installed by the Robbins company.

Kelvin Dodd
Ventura, CA
79 B too.

///