Re: Heat Shield and Asbestos...

To: "Dan DiBiase" <d_dibiase@yahoo.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Heat Shield and Asbestos...
From: "Mark and kathy LaPierre" <mgtrcars@galaxyinternet.net>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2001 09:06:39 -0500
How did they taste?   Sorry  Dan I must have missed your previous mail.
Which leads me to  my next question.   Why exactly did you cook them on your
grille?

>From the info. that I have on file all the white pads surrounding the engine
bay contain asbestos and should be handled accordingly.  Paint it,
encapsulate it, wet it down and wear some type of good resperator before
disturbing it. Do it outside if possible.
Maybe using a rust neutralizer around it instead of sanding would be another
option that wouldn't disturb it as much.

And then there are some that say its not such a big deal.     Its your
health, your in the drivers seat.      Good Luck,   Mark