Shocks on MGA

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Shocks on MGA
From: MGALUVR@aol.com
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2001 08:53:05 EDT
Hi gang,

      It looks like I am going to have to either replace or refurbish the two
front shocks on my 62MKII MGA roadster. They have little or no impact
resistance. I know these are filled with a hydraulic fluid of some type. Is
it possible to refill them without taking them off the car? Of should they
just be replaced? I thought my old shop manual would give me more information
on this, but its really rather vague. I noticed in the latest Moss MGA
catalog that they sell the fluid. Is this an east fix? From the way the
shocks feel I  believe they are either very low on fluid, or possibly empty.
Any help is certainly appreciated........

                              TIA....

                        Bill Dillstrom

1962 MKII MGA Roadster

///