Resolution? re: Charging System Woes

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Resolution? re: Charging System Woes
From: "Scott Allen" <scottinarl@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 07 Oct 2001 02:48:39 +0000
After checking the connections to the starter solenoid, (they appear to be
o.k.) I get frustrated enough to bust out the Bentley Manual and take a
gander at the wiring diagrams.

I notice that dead in the middle of the circuit, (not at all isolated) is
the alternator/ignition warning light.

Remember when I said it was flickering prior to the first failure, but that
it had stopped?  Well, I just checked and it does not come on when I turn
the ignition on.

To me, this means that the bulb is suspect, or its ground is bad.

If this is the case, looking at the wiring diagram, it will create an open
circuit on that charging system, which means that the battery won't charge.
Is this correct?  Has anybody on the list had this happen to them?

Thanks,

Scott