Re: antivirus warning

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: antivirus warning
From: Rick Brown <mgrick@mgcars.org.uk>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 17:53:42 -0400
David Councill wrote:

>No - this file is the virus. So it normally should not be found on your
>computer at all. The mail that comes with it usually has some wording about
>checking something on your computer - the idea is to convince the user to
>execute the file. If you don't execute mail attachments, particularly
>executables, you shouldn't have any problems.
>
>Norton should detect it but it will be listed by virus name, not the name
>of the file itself (which can really be called almost anything so long as
>the .exe remains).
>
>David
>
>At 02:01 PM 10/12/2001 -0700, you wrote:
>
>>Someone sent a warning about a file  named CFGWIZ32.EXE.  I found it on my
>>
>David

Are you sure this is not a Windows system file?  I have it on my
computer = says it was last modified in April 99 and it is an ISDN
Configuration wiz
I deleted the file with this name which I received last night on email
when Norton found it was virus infected.  The file now in my system file
does not set Norton off.

Rick

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list