Re: Midget not starting..

To: goutvols@alltel.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Midget not starting..
From: LROB143@aol.com
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2001 22:15:43 EST
I'm a beginner to MG's and relatively new to the list, but I had the same
problem with my 1962 MGA right after purchase.
If the red light you're referring to is the "Ignition Light," as it is on
mine, it should go out when the engine revs past 1,000 rpm or so; it
indicates that the battery is being charged.
If the light doesn't go out, there is no charge to the battery and the car
will eventually stall out or not start after running if the battery is down.
I would check the battery condition, charging system and control box.
I ended up replacing the Control Box which went bad.
There are some helpful people on the list who might have some other ideas.
Good luck.
Larry
1962 MGA MkII roadster

///