Midget not starting..

To: "mgs list" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Midget not starting..
From: "carter's alltel" <goutvols@alltel.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2001 11:19:20 -0600
I need some help.. I have a 79 midget.  Long story short. I was driving the
other day when I noticed that the red light on the dash was dimly lit.  Drove
a little further and my radio started to cut out on me ( pwr coming on and
off)  So I shut the radio off thinking I had a short.  Started for home and
the car started sputtering when I wasn't giving it gas.  By the time I got
within a couple of blocks of the house it wouldn't hardly move.  Just by pure
luck I thought about turning the lights off.  That gave me just enough of a
boost to get it to the drive way.  I turned it off.  Oh yea I forgot.  The
temp gauge & fuel gauge quit working as well so that was the reason I turned
it off as soon as I got in the drive, since I didn't know if it was hot or
not.  Well since then I can put the key in and when I crank it the dash lights
come on, so I know I still have a battery but it won't crank.  I doesn't do
anything??? Alternator?? Starter??? Ignition??  I don't really know where to
start.  I'm not very knowledgeable but I'm willing to learn as I go.  Thanks
in advance for your help...

79' midget
96' landrover

///