Update on Ed's Question...

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Update on Ed's Question...
From: ckotting@core.com
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 07:08:29 -0600 (CST)
[demime could not interpret encoding binary - treating as plain text]
Well, things aren't always as they seem.  I had thought (as did many
of us) that Amy had dropped completely out of sight.  Appearantly not,
as she kept in touch with somebody who had been there helping.  She
had him forward the following to the Spridgets list.

Looks like things are on the way to being made right (at least
financially).  Apologies are in order, as well.

Amy, I don't know whether you will see this, but to the extent I
contributed to the furor, I am sorry.

Chris K.

----------From Amy:--------

Larry,

 I was told Ed is badmouthing me on the list. I wasn't able to post to
the list since that day I showed you the bounce msg. I haven't even
seen
the list in a long time since I couldn't post and had read that
everyone
was quitting it due to unrelated messages (no lbc) I heard you and
even
frank quit it. Anyway, I asked Ed for a bill when I ordered the parts.
He started claiming I hadn't paid him before he ever sent me a bill. I
had several email correspondences with him at this time. I don't
understand why he claims to have no response. I sent him back the
unused
parts once he sent me his address. It was about 2 months after you
guys
were here before I got the bill. I told him I would be away until
early
August and would send payment then. I got home the second week in
August
and mailed a check out. I never heard anything from him again and
thought everything was fine. I was surprised to learn of everything
going on on the list. If there was some sort of problem with the
check,
I wish he would have told me. I am going trust that there is a reason
he's saying he didn't get paid and am going to Paypal the money to him
on Nov 1 When my husband gets paid next. I am definitely going to the
bank this week to see what happened to the check.

 I was touched by everyone's generosity when you you guys came to help
me. I was not trying to take advantage of anyone. The car is a
childhood
dream come true and I think you know that since there were tears of
joy
in my eyes the day I got to drive it. I am heartbroken that someone
would accuse me of false motives. I certainly never had any. I
wouldn't
have let everyone stay here and feed everyone 3 meals a day, and
tattoo
Chuck if I was trying to get something for nothing. And I recommend to
everyone that they do business with Peter C as I have learned that he
donated some parts anonymously to help me out. He is a real classy
guy.
As are all of the fine gentlemen who came to share my home for the
weekend and help me realize a childhood dream.

 I'm not going to waste bandwidth on a personal fight, I didn't even
know I was in. I have no bad words for anyone publicly as it childish
and unclad for. I wouldn't have even sent this to anyone but wanted to
get my side out since it seems I'm being trashed on the list.

 Larry, please post this to list for me as I cannot post myself.

Amy