Garage Heat...

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Garage Heat...
From: Dan DiBiase <d_dibiase@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 18:53:34 -0800 (PST)
Although the weather here in central New Jersey this fall has been
wonderful, the time is approaching when the garage will get a bit nippy,
probably coinciding with the (eventual) arrival of my engine stand from
Harbor "Wait" (you were right, Ray E., but at least the shipping is
free!!!)...! So, I've been thinking about getting some sort of heater for
the space. It's a standard 2-car garage but it's about 12 feet in height,
so I'll lose a lot of heat straight up... Here are my requirements -

1) I don't want to spend a fortune.
2) I don't need the garage to be 70 degrees, just warm enough to
   work out there without a coat and using my latex gloves without
   freezing my fingers.
3) I don't want to spend a fortune.
4) I'd rather not go electric.
5) I'd like something self-contained/portable, versus plumbing a
   system.
6) Because I have both MG's, 7 (soon to be 8!) bikes, a lawnmower, a
   snow thrower and various and sundry other items out there, it can't
   take up a bunch of space.
7) I don't want to spend a fortune.

I have started to do some research but I'm interested in what others have
done to their spaces. Thanks in advance...

=====
Dan DiBiase
Dayton, NJ
'76 MGB Tourer (Driver)