Re: Rear brakes locking--problem found

To: KD6BGO@aol.com
Subject: Re: Rear brakes locking--problem found
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 09:28:53 -0500
Hi Mike,
  That link broke on a MC that I rebuilt for my '72GT. In my case it
didn't lock the rear brakes, but since it was broken it did not retract
the cup to refill the MC for bleeding. Long-time listers may recall my
puzzlement at the problem.
  I salvaged a link from another MC, but it was very much rusted away, so
I got another from a third MC that looked better. Not good, but better.
  Next time the MC perishes on this car, I am going to do exactly what
all the experienced people recommend----Buy A New MC !!!!
Bob

On Tue, 30 Oct 2001 19:21:55 EST KD6BGO@aol.com writes:
> Hello list,
>
>   About three weeks ago I mailed the list with a problem on my 69
> BGT. The
> rear brakes were locking and not releasing. I thought I would share
> with the
> list what the problem turned out to be, just in case someone else
> ever
> suffers from the same problem.
>   My master cylinder is the dual line non-servo(no power assist)
> type. There
> is a piston link between the front and rear master cylinder pistons
> that
> pulls the rear brake piston back upon releasing the brakes(there is
> no return
> spring for the rear piston). This link was broken!!
>   I have ordered a new master cylinder, however, if anyone on the
> list has
> one of these piston links they would like to part with, I would be
> interested. I haven't found this part in any rebuild kits offered.
>
> Mike,
> 69BGT

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list