Re: Garage Heat...

To: "James H. Nazarian, Ph.D." <microdoc@zoominternet.net>
Subject: Re: Garage Heat...
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 10:33:20 -0500
"James H. Nazarian, Ph.D." wrote:

> Trevor Boicey wrote:
>
> > ... I ran a 220V line and used a portable construction heater. I got one
>from a
> > friend, but even new
> > they are about $40 and only the size of a car battery. They are up to 6000w,
> > which is quite acceptable even here in the frozen north.
>
> Hello Trevor,
>
> I'd like to know where one can buy a 6000w construction heater for $40.

  I know Home Depot has similar products, but here's one from
Canadian Tire: (if this link works, I'll bet you'll have to paste)

http://www.canadiantire.ca/assortments/product_detail.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=442699&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=407307&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=166971&bmUID=1004542194965

  This one is $67.99cdn, which is about $40us. This one is also
only 4800w, but we're in the ballpark here.

 They work well and are extremely portable, <10 lbs, about the size
of a car battery and you just put them near you. One of my main
winter projects of recent years was the bodywork on my Magnette,
and I just carried my heater with me around the car.

--
Trevor Boicey, P. Eng.
Ottawa, Canada, tboicey@brit.ca

///