Re: MG use of "Cheap and Cheerful" phrase?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MG use of "Cheap and Cheerful" phrase?
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Fri, 02 Nov 2001 01:17:34 +1030
Phil Ethier wrote:

> One of  my long-time British buddies on the Lotus list does not believe me
> when I say that MG used to use the phrase "Cheap and Cheerful".   He wants
> to see references.  I don't have a lot of MG books lying about.  Where can I
> send him for confirmation?

As my motto seems to have become "Google is your friend", I immediately
went on the hunt and one of the first links I found was a personal
website that says:

"Interestingly, before "Safety Fast" was selected as the permanent MG
motto, the  MG Car Company, Ltd. also used the motto: "Cheap and
Cheerful"!  I think it's really rather fortunate that "Safety Fast"
became the motto associated with the marque!"
http://w3.nai.net/~tombritt/home.htm

Without spending the rest of my night on this, unfortunately this was
the only result I found in your favour.  You may want to drop a line to
the owner of that site and ask him what his reference was.

;-)

--
Eric
'68MGB MkII

"Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list
///