Re: Is this a rip off?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Is this a rip off?
From: MGALUVR@aol.com
Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2001 20:57:42 EST
I noticed you can buy genuine MGB adverts from magazines on eBay for
$6.  If my memory serves me correctly I can buy whole magazines for $2-$4
at the flea market stalls and get lots of adverts.  But what a great ploy
and I bet tons of people fall for it.  Or am I missing some subtle point?

Regards
Barrie

  Barrie,

   It certainly isn't a ripoff, as a matter of fact its the only way some of
us might be able to acquire some of the older MG advertising memorabilia. I
have searched high and low through the flea markets throughout my area
(southwest Missouri) and have rarely found any of the old car magazines for
sale. The few I have found were primarily about American cars and were from
the 80's or 90's. Early magazines from the 40's, 50's, and 60's that pertain
to MG's and LBC's are practically non-existent in this area. I have purchased
several of the offerings from Ebay and have been quite pleased. There are
several on right now that have caught my attention and I plan on bidding on.
Some offer the advertisements already framed and ready to hang on the wall.
If you want to save time its the best way to go. Let somebody else do all the
work !  Enjoy !!

                              Best regards...........

                              Bill Dillstrom

1962 MKII MGA roadster