Last Sprint of the year

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Last Sprint of the year
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Sun, 04 Nov 2001 23:27:13 +1030
Our last race meeting of the year.  The Twilight Sprint where we get to
drive under lights - always a special and long-awaited event. Last year
it was over 40C degrees (104F+) so during the daytime I barely got three
laps out of my car (four minutes or so flat out) before having to give
her a rest.  She really didn't like the heat with a sick engine.

This year it was hot but no-where near as hot as last year - and my car
was quite a bit healthier.

A fun day had by all but I am still peeved that a can't consistantly
make some of those corners when pushing really hard.  I either push too
hard or try some dramatic different line on a corner trying to steal
that extra half a second off my time.

Last year with my old engine I had set myself a target to break of
1:40:00 but I couldn't get past 1:40.52 - half a second out!

This year (new engine and some other bits and pieces) I had my target
lap time set for 1:35:00 - and another failure, can you believe it?  My
fastest time, set on Saturday, was... wait for it... 1:35.07 - yes,
seven thousandths off the target.  Boy, was I peeved!

--
Eric
'68MGB MkII

///