Back on the road!!!

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Back on the road!!!
From: "Jeff Sharpe" <jgsharpe@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2001 21:32:46 -0500
I know many of you have been through this, but today was a really big day for
me.  Put the car back on the road today after two months of work.  Beautiful
New Racing Green paint, all new rubber bits, everything cleaned, polished,
repainted and refurbed.  Many thanks to Moss for making so many odd pieces
available at a reasonable price.  It was a lot of work and there's plenty left
to do, but damn, it's great to be back on the road.  Beautiful day here in
Atlanta and a great MG day all around.

Quick question.  I tried to free the wiper collet nuts with all sorts of
penetrating lube before the bodywork but couldn't.  I ended up turning the
whole assembly without loosening the nuts, so I stopped before screwing it up
even further.  They ended up masking them off - the only thing left on the
body before painting.  I'd still like to remove them to look for rust and put
in new gaskets.  Any ideas?

Also, an ongoing problem.  Lots of vibration when I brake.  Should I look at
the rotors or wheel bearings?

Thanks to all,

Jeff
70B

- I will never again remove the windshield, so help me God.

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list
///