Re: Cam replacement with out engine removal.

To: "E.Claure" <spanlab@ceibo.entelnet.bo>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Cam replacement with out engine removal.
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Sun, 04 Nov 2001 20:15:47 -0700
Enrique,

No need to remove the head. Just the rocker arm to retrieve the push rods
and tappets. And probably the exhaust and intake manifolds to get to the
side covers on the engine to assist in getting out the tappets.

I think you also need to pull the distributer and its drive shaft.

David

At 09:57 PM 11/4/01 -0400, E.Claure wrote:
>Hi list, I am plaining on putting in a stock Cam back into my MG.  If I
>plan to remove the cam with the engine inside I guess I must
>
>1. Remove Radiator
>2. Remove Head
>3. Remove Front engine Cover
>4. Remove Chain and Tensioner
>5. Pull the cam out.
>
>Anything else I am skipping? Thanks, Enrique

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list
///