Re: mga engine replacement

To: ShearSAVVY1@aol.com
Subject: Re: mga engine replacement
From: Bullwinkle <yd3@nvc.net>
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2001 11:14:13 -0600
Bill:

<<<snip>>>
I have found an
mga 1500 which looks like a great restoration candidate.  With
apologies to
all the purists, I'm thinking about trying to shimmy a Ford or
Chevy
<<<snip>>>

Bill, I have just the car for you then.  It's a 1500 MGA in which
some someone has already attempted that.  I will gladly trade it
to you for a MGA that's good for restoration.  It comes complete
with the transmission cross member cut out, holes in the front
suspension cross member, holes in the braces to the upper cross
member (Goal post as the Brits call it), inner wheel arches cut
out, a butchered USA made master cylinder, tin bell housing,
heater shelf cut out, etc., etc.

A trade will save me a lot of work trying to graft the rear of
this frame onto a rusty twin cam frame, and all of the repair
work to the body to resurrect yd3/1789.

Blake

BTW putting a non MGA engine in the car is not restoring the MGA.

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list
///