Fw: MGB HELP

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fw: MGB HELP
From: "Tim Economu" <economu@whidbey.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2001 10:09:49 -0800
 You can get to the nuts....you just have to be persistent. Use a 1/2" open
 end wrench from the top and a 6 point socket with a long extension from
 below. It works but it is slow!!

 You will be able to pull just the engine, but some say it is easier to pull
 the engine and tranny together. I wanted to try the engine-only route, but
 it is a bear trying to line up the first motion shaft splines to the
 clutch.... It takes time and patience and an occasional turn of 1) engine
 shaft and 2) tranny shaft, to get them to eventually line up. Once they are
 lined up...they slide together smoothly. Don't forget the throw out bearing
 and to check the rear main seal when you have the motor out. These are
prone
 to leakage.

 Kind regards,

 Tim