Re: MGB Help

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MGB Help
From: "mghirsch" <mghirsch@netzero.net>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2001 19:09:55 -0600
You do not need to remove the steering gear.  I have done it several times.
This can be down with our without the engine in place.

Remove the bolts holding the mount to the bracket.  If the engine is in the
car, lift it a bit.  Take a wrench of the proper size ( 9/16 or 5/8) and try
to fit it on the nut holding it to the bracket.  If it is too thick. get a
cheap wrench of the size and grind it thinner.  Once the nut is loose, turn
the mount.  Installation is just the reverse.

You can remove the steering pinion, but it is a pain to line it up so the
steering wheel is straight, especially if the front wheels are turned by
accident.

Maynard Hirsch

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list