Re: Rubber Bumper Crash Test (my 2 cents worth)

To: mgbob@juno.com (Bob Howard)
Subject: Re: Rubber Bumper Crash Test (my 2 cents worth)
From: Aeseeyou@aol.com
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2001 19:57:42 EST
Hi,
I hope I never have to endure a front, side, rear end nor a top sided
collision at any speed in my 1978 MGB...Oh, by the way, recently The
Automotive Testing Division for Consumers Union (the non-profit publisher of
Consumers Report) listed the 4 deadliest cars of all time. They were The
Camero, The Firebird, The Mustang and last but not least...The Corvette! Why?
Because Historically, these powerful cars have long been the preferred
"playthings" of the younger and less mature drivers. And when you couple the
various manner in which this set drive their cars, often wildly immature, too
fast and with impaired driving skills due to alcohol and drug use and
consumption leading to lack of concentration or attention to the road
conditions. These factors mixed together with the fact that the cars that
were cited as the 4 most dangerous are also inherently fast, due to souped up
high powered engines, with few if any real safety features.These were the
main reasons that the group cited these cars as the most dangerous and most
often the most deadly of ALL TIME! And what about the LBC's like the MG's or
Triumphs or even the Jaguar, well they weren't even mentioned! Why? Reasons
cited, a more attentive and mature driver, engines that weren't known for
their high horsepower nor their extremely fast speeds. But instead they were
cars with great handling abilities that were usually driven by people with
better than average driving skills. What were The 5 safest cars, The 2000
Buick LeSabre, The 2001 Honda Civic,The 2001 Lincoln LS, The 2000 and 2001
Volkswagon Passat and The  2001 Volvo S-80. These inherently safe cars
weren't your Ferrari nor your Huge SUV yet because of their size, driver
demographics, and built in safety factors these are your 5 safest cars of all
time. Just to let you know. Also from a study done by the Insurance Institute
for Highway Safety (IIHS) Albert Escalante, 1978 MGB

\=

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list
///