Re: K&N air filters

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: K&N air filters
From: Michael Taglieri <miket_nyc@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2001 01:35:07 -0500
>So the question is what so I get? Are the 1 3/4" rounds (pancakes, I
think
>they are affectionately referred to as) good enough? I assume so, that
>seems to be the general weapon of choice. They definitely are the
cheapest.
>The average prices I have seen are:
>1.75" - $30
>tapered - $60
>2.5" - $60
>Can I get a consensus here? What have you got, is it adequate?
>Thanks so much. At first those tapered started at $75 on EBay with a
>reserve that was not met. The were put back on again for $99/pair. They
>sold (not to me) for $112.50/pair. The owner said if I wanted he would
sell
>me a set at the same price. Is it worth it? It is definitely cheaper
Then
>getting the set at Moss, even with the discount they are giving these
days.
>Thing is if I can get a set of the round 1.75" for $60 and they are just
as
>good I would rather do that.

K&N still makes many unusual filters, and I'm pretty sure they will make
anything you want as a special order.  So if I were you I'd check with
them about getting a new filter before buying an old K&N on eBay, since
eBay stuff tends to be overpriced.

Mike Taglieri - miket_nyc@juno.com
Raul -- '72 Commando Interstate