RE: electrical problems while we're at it, brake light failure

Subject: RE: electrical problems while we're at it, brake light failure
From: "Mark Dawson" <torchbone@bright.net>
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2001 09:37:05 -0500
Just from the info you've given me here (i.e., I'm not trying to insult your
intelligence), here's what I've learned is the standard list reply to this
question:

Start with the easy and simple basics: do all of the bulbs work? They can be
fine by visual inspection and still be the break in a circuit when a load is
applied.

Are all the contacts in the sockets clean and free of corrosion?

All the bullet connections and wires in the boot sound?

CLEAN THE GROUND in the boot (probably on one of the license plate
brackets). This alone solves many problems.

Fuses ok?

If all of that is ok, then I guess you check the switch. I don't know,
because I haven't had to do it yet: fixing bad bulbs, connections, and
grounds has solved almost all of such problems for me.

Hope that helps!
-Mark
Topless Smurf ('75 MGB):
http://www.bones.org/torch/photos/mgb/mark_mgb_1.html